(GF, S, A, V) Serves 1, preparation time 5 minutes (pre-freeze banana overnight)
This Detox breakfast recipe contains beetroot which is highly alkalising and protein-rich cashews and omega-3 rich chia seeds. If you are sensitive to chia seeds, swap them for flaxseeds.
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- ¼ cup soaked raw cashews (soaked 2-4 hours)
- ½ teaspoon flax oil
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice (use rice milk if you have eczema)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh beetroot
- Optional: powdered vitamins Skin Friend AM to help it gel beautifully
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- banana slices and/or papaya
- 1 teaspoon crushed raw cashews
Place all of the ingredients into a high powered blender (not including toppings) and blend on high until smooth. Serve in a bowl and top with chia seeds, banana and crushed cashews.
At Eczema Life, we recommend nutritionist Karen Fischer's low food chemical program (The Eczema Detox) along with additive-free supplements for skin health and wellbeing. Click on the images to view more details: